Approved by ISKSAA
(International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty)
Modern sport covers a broad range of fields, be it ethics, medicine, technology, finance, law, education or sociology, to name a few. In this new era, modern sport is in urgent need of highly competent, well trained and experienced sports administrators who will manage all aspects of sport efficiently.
So far there was no specialized Institute in India providing Sports education. ISST is essentially the first institute which aims to provide a scientific approach to sports education and guidance to young people interested in sports. ISST creates a launch pad for those who wish to be actively involved in the sports industry. The Distance Diploma in Sports Medicine course is created to promote management education within the sports world.
This course aims to touch the various vital aspects in the field of Sports Medicine along with few guidelines as to how a sports medicine expert should manage athlete injuries. With a blend of theoretical knowledge and our expert video lecture series, this course provides the best foundation knowledge in the field of sports medicine.
With experienced faculty and renowned guest speakers, the DDSMed provides a professional touch to the education provided.
Master Programme in Sports Management :
Course Duration: Six Months
Eligibility : Graduation
- Week 1-2 – Introduction to Sports Medicine
- Week 3-4 – Sideline Care, Head injuries and General Emergencies
- Week 5-6 – Upper limb injuries
- Week 7-8 – Lower limb injuries
- Week 9-10 – Sports Physiotherapy Upper limb module
- Week 11-12 Sports Physiotherapy Lower limb module
- Week 13-14 – Sports Physiotherapy and Acute Injuries MCQ test
- Week 15-16 – Sports Psychology
- Week 17-18 – Sports Nutrition
- Week 19-20 – Sports Psychology and Nutrition MCQ Test
- Week 21-22 – Course Revision and Final Examination
- Week 23-24 – Marking of Papers and Certification
The student can register online for the course in the Register/Login page providing personal, academic as well as payment details.
Once the details are filled and the Mode of payment is selected, the student can register for the student account. The student will be able to access his/her student account by providing the Username and Password given at the time of registration.
The students are required to send the following documents via post/courier at the ISST Distance Education office address mentioned below.
Documents to be sent to the ISST Distance Education Office (For Indian Students) :
- Photocopy of latest qualification mark sheet/certificate.
- Two passport size photographs.
The study material for each course is prepared by experienced faculty members who are experts in the respective subjects and will be sent via courier/post in 15 working days, at the student registered address after the course fees are received by us.
Dr. Manit Arora
- BMedSci Hons, MBBS Hons, DipAnat, MS (UNSW), MSc Surg, MS Ortho (Gold
- Medallist), MSportsMed
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Surgeon
- Medical Commission, World Squash Federation
- Chair, ISKSAA Research Committee
- John O’Donnell Hip Arthroscopy and Hip Preservation Fellowship
- Perth Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy (Australia)
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of New England
- Associate Lecturer, University of Queensland, Australia
- Honorary Adjunct Senior Teaching Fellow, Bond University, Australia
Dr. Varun Gupta
- MS Ortho SICOT Fellow Sports Med
- Sports Medicine Doctor
Dr. Nupur Kaul
- Masters of Psychology, UK
- Sports Psychologist