ISST, founded on 26th October 2008, is the centre for sports education. ISST is the first institute in INDIA providing courses in Sports Education & Sports Management Education. Modern sport covers a broad range of areas, be it ethics, medicine, technology, finance, law, education or sociology, to name a few.
At this beginning of a new era, the sport is in urgent need of highly competent, well trained and experienced sports administrators. ISST with its modern course structure will provide a launch pad for those who wish to pursue a career in the field of sports.
The “ISST” will have a unique network of multi-field expertise; it will develop and apply knowledge to the study of sports in connection with technology, management, medicine, biology, law, economics, logistics and sociology, to name just a few. ISST supports sports innovations, technology transfer and business development.
ISST envisions becoming the supreme centre for sports, fitness & performing arts education, development, technology & research which will inculcate a sporting culture and a feeling of well-being in the society.
ISST is India’s first dedicated sports & fitness education institute which provides professional courses in sports management and allied sports & fitness education, determined to develop athletes, managers and other sport-support staff.
Our mission is to reach out to those individuals interested in making a career in sports & fitness & provide them professional guidance through our various courses & services.
ISST is collectively formed on the principles of hard-work, determination, discipline, team-work and a profound passion for sports, which are a must for any sport organization.
Dr. P.C Sejwalkar
The Chairman - Advisory Commitee
Is the Ex-Dean, Faculty of Management, University of Professor Emeritus of Commerce & Management Sciences, University of Pune.
Mrs. Ujwala P. Lunawat
The Chairperson, ISST
Is a National Gold Medalist in Basketball & a Rajiv Gandhi Award winner for developing sports infrastructure in Pune.
Dr. Vipul Lunawat
- PhD, Sports Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Electronics, University of Pune
- Master of Science (MSc) Electronics, University of Pune.
- Master’s Programme in Business Administration, Institute of Management Education, Pune
- Level 02 coaching certification from Australian Ice Racing (AIR) in Short Track Speed Ice skating, & certified by Olympic Solidarity, Melbourne, Australia, 2014.
- Was part of the Indian contingent as a coach for the Short Track Speed Skating teams at the Singapore Open, 2014 and the Thailand Open Championships, 2013.
- Competed in Roller Skating World Championships in Venezuela-2003 as a part of the Indian Junior Team.
- Competed in Roller Skating International Championships in Ostend, Belgium-2001, Serpa, Portugal-2001.
- National medalist in RSFI Senior Mens in Inline Speed Skating.
- Head Coach, Roller & Ice Skating at Kaveri Sports Centre and ISST Sports Academy, Pune.
- Coached 3000+ students in roller skating since 2004.
- Certification in the International Skating Union (ISU) Regional Officials Course for Short Track Speed Ice Skating.
- Has a keen interest in adventure sports like skydiving, bungy jumping, rock climbing etc.
- Has been involved in organizing various world-class sports events, since 2004.
Mrs. Ujwala P. Lunawat
- Mrs. Ujwala P. Lunawat has been involved in sports since 1973.
- FIBA Level 01 Coaching cerification in Basketball
- Head Coach, Basketball, Kaveri Sports Centre & ISST Sports Academy, Pune.
- She is a National Gold Medalist in Basketball, and has a deep passion for sports.
- Rajiv Gandhi Award winner for developing sports infrastructure in Pune.
- Former Member of the Maharashtra Rajya Krida Parishad (Maharashtra State Sports Council)
- Coached 1000+ students in Basketball since 2011.
Dr. P.C Sejwalkar
- Dr. P. C. Shejwalkar is the Ex-Dean, Faculty of Management, University of Pune.
- Professor Emeritus of Commerce & Management Sciences, University of Pune.
- Ex-Dean, Faculty of Commerce, University of Pune.
- President ASM & Director, Institute of Management Education (IME).
- Has over 50 years of experience in the management education industry.
- 81 Students have already secured PhD degree with Dr. P. C Shejwalkar as their research guide.
- Been Awarded the Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar (Life Time Achievement Award) by the University of Pune.
- Been Awarded the Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar (Life Time Achievement Award) by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune.
- He was the first to bring Management Education to Pune at IMDR in 1962 and is known as the ‘Godfather of Management Education’.